Re: A89: Archive Memory

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Archive Memory

> Not only the danger of over use but I also see a
> potental danger of TI-89 viruses that would be
> programed to purposly create and delete files in
> you flash memory.  Does anyone agree or
> disagree with my concern?

Disagree.  They've already been written.  The third
program out for the TI-89 was a such trojan horse.
But, due to the garbage collection method TI uses,
YOU CAN ARCHIVE AND UNARCHIVE THE SAME
VARIABLE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT
WITHOUT IT EVER BEING WRITTEN TO THE
ARCHIVE after it is put there initially.  For this
reason, that trojan horse did not work.  As for
a trojan horse that directly turns off and on bits
put in an assembly program, why would someone
run the high risk of a jail sentence to do that?