Re: A89: Archive Memory

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Archive Memory

> If the archive memory is in flash?  Does that mean that each
> time you use the archive memory that its life is shortened.
> I do understand that its life is rather large but it could be a
> problem if over used.

Yes, it's life is, as I remember, about 10,000 writes.  After that,
it will begin to fail.  The TI-89 and 92+ use a special garbage
collection method (outlined in the manual) that prevents a
variable from being written to the archive more than once, even
if the varible is deleted and re-stored.  It is very unlikely that
the archive will be worn out within the life of your calculator.