Re: A89: Annoying Status Bar

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Annoying Status Bar

On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 12:14:34PM -0400, ti_calc_guy@email.com wrote:

> How do I keep the annoying messages from coming on the status bar when
> 2nd, diamond, shift, or alpha are pressed during a program?  I do not want
> to move the lcd mem, although I know that is an option.  Is there a way to
> disable the bar, or change the interrupts so pressing 2nd won't make "2nd"
> appear on the status line?  Any ideas, help, examples, etc. would be great.

Here's one way:

Resize the logical screen width from 240 pixels to something smaller. The
status bar will then be nicely located outside (below) the visible area.
See address $600012.

Nice values for the new width:
192 pixels - easy h/w vertical scrolling or for the "screen shake" effect
160 pixels - to make the screen buffer as small as possible (2000 bytes)

Don't forget (as I did!) to restore the width to 240 pixels before the
program exits... the OS will look really really bad... :)

//Johan