Re: A89: Archive Utility v2.00

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Archive Utility v2.00

> SirKnight wrote:
> >
> > >programs on the calculator looking for that bug call.
> >
> > Is that bug call a hardware problem, or when TI finally releases
the next
> > rom version will it be fixed.
>
> If TI knows about this then the next version will have a differrent
> protection method (probably).
> We have to figure out how so we can apply it later. I'll  keep
working
> on it.  Why not ASk the French guys?
> C2b3

how is it possible to fix with an upgrade?  isn't the link upgrade
area, the only area empowered to rewrite the ROM, also the area where
the bug is located? .. and also isn't this area the only area not able
to be rewritten with an upgrade?  In short, how is it possible for TI
to fix the bug without writing an asm program to exploit the very hack
itself?

Follow-Ups: References: