A89: TI 89 ASM with Fargedit II Assembler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: TI 89 ASM with Fargedit II Assembler

>Hey, I really want to start programming in asm on my 89.  I really like the
>Assembly Studios for the 86.  Farged II seemed like a good assembler for
me,
>I really don't like DOS.  I am having a problem with the paths.  When I set
>it up to be able to find libraries, what do I put for the path?

The default directory is the same as the asm89.bat file (compiling with
plusshell) - just change either the include path to include the entire
filename and directory (like c:\ti89\plusshell\pokemon\include\tios.h).

I myself use PFE (Programmers' File Editor) as my IDE. Get it at
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe - it's essentially a
multiple-document notepad with every feature you could ever imagine.  I then
set it up so that my first User-Defined executable path is the one that
compiles pokemon, then set it to ctrl-A -- so whenever I press ctrl-A, it
assembles the entire program.  Then I set it so that ctrl-E laods up the
emulator, and I usually have 3 or so source files open at a time, tiled
vertically, so that I can edit them all side-by-side.  Extreme efficiency =)
If anyone tries this and wants to know more about my setup, email me
separately. . . it's much better than several notepads, a DOS box, explorer,
and the emulator all open at once =)