Re: A89: TI89 ROM vs HP49 ROM -- No More TI Bashing!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TI89 ROM vs HP49 ROM -- No More TI Bashing!!!

I'm not familiar with the specifics of the 89/92+, but on the 83+ the first
16k of rom is true rom, not flash, so the serial number could easily be kept
in here...Alternetly, it could be accessed via a port as external hardware.
Either way, they're not dumb enough to let you change the serial number =)

-Dan

> SirKnight wrote:
> >
> > >how do you know they won't?  i don't remember ever seeing "free rom
> > upgrades"
> > >on their website.
> >
> > If they do then we'll just pirate them.  Oh wait, I see the serial
numbers
> > on the calcs work in very nicely for TI.
>

> If ROM can be edited so can serial numbers (right?).  I'll stop talking
> illegal for now though.

Follow-Ups: References: