Re: A89: PalmTops and 68k

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: PalmTops and 68k

Ahmed El-Helw wrote:
> Hi,
>     I was considering buying a PalmTop, and I was just wondering if anyone
> knows if it is possible to put a program like a68k and/or TASM on there in
> order to code assembly language on it?  [I don't have one, and so I don't
> know if WinCE comes with a "DOS" sorta thing.. ]  any ideas?  Thanks.

Most probably you can't. WinCE doesn't really have anything in common with
Windows 95/NT other than its looks..
most often you dont have any intel x86 chip in the CE-machines, and thats what
you need to run x86 programs (duh) like a68k and/or TASM.
But ofcourse it is very possible to make a tasm/a68k equivalent to put on your
palmtop.. lot of work though.. and it feels a bit strange.. learn to program one
small cumputersystem in order to use that to program another small computer
system :)

//Olle

Follow-Ups: References: