Re: A89: Archive Utility v2.00

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Archive Utility v2.00

Does TI know about the bug?  I don't think any TI employees read this
list.  But the bug is actually a combination of hardware and software
.. TI could make the link upgrade code true ROM, but I doubt they
would do that since they probably don't want people editing the ROM at
all, be it the upgrade routine or not.  What they would most likely
have to do is look at the assembly code generated from their C source
and study it to be absolutely certain that an asm program couldn't
take advantage of the address error exception like this.  They might
even have to come up with a tricky hack themselves.  .. or maybe they
could ignore it?  does using a deleterious assembly program violate
the warranty?