Re: Re: A89: Archive Utility v2.00

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: A89: Archive Utility v2.00

Olle, we need that stuff by your friend again. . .

The way that the Flash ROM is constructed, it's impossible to completely
screw up the calculator.  The Flash ROM can ONLY be written to by either A)
someplace else in the Flash ROM, B) the Flash ROM upgrade routines, and C)
that bug Dux mentioned (I'd like to know more about it).  It *cannot*
normally be overwritten by programs in the RAM or User Data Archive.  And
even though the bug allows them to get around that, the Flash ROM update
routines are true ROM, which cannot be overwritten (period) - meaning that
should your Flash ROM be corrupted, you can always link up to a computer and
send the ROM again.