A89: Re: Archive Utility v2.00

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Archive Utility v2.00

Rusty found this hack some time ago (I'm assuming it uses the same
hack), but I was under the impression that it was top secret.  I think
everyone already knows about it already though, so from what I
remember the hack does something like calling the area of segmented
ROM with the ability to enable write privileges in such a way that an
address error is immediately generated succeeding the enable.  Then
the address error exception handler will have write privileges and can
modify ROM.  This ought to go down as ingenious a hack as ZShell or
Fargo :-) .. and may even prove to be as consequential ;-)

> Aha! I found it! Head on over to http://ti92.ifrance.com/ti92/ then
go to
> the Flash Section and download ARCHIVE UTILITY v2.00 -- the
miraculous
> Archive Recovery program!  I just wish I had some idea how the hell
it
> worked. . . and why all these French guys seem to be better
programmers than
> us =)  I'm just amazed that someone could do something like that. .
. next
> step is a complete ROM rewrite (I think that we have the skills to
do so
> here, just not the commitment nor the mathematical abilities. . . =)

Follow-Ups: References: