Re: A89: Wait, it gets better (more TI-83+ SDK)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Wait, it gets better (more TI-83+ SDK)

>Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 10:34:40 -0700
>From: David Martin <davediego@geocities.com>
>Subject: Re: A89: Wait, it gets better (more TI-83+ SDK)
>
>yes i do remember that, but i still dont understand why 83+ users get their
SDK
>first, i mean the 89 has been out alot longer than the 83+, and im pretty
sure
>there are more 89/92+ users than 83+ users.

I have a couple guesses - the 89 can't support applications until AMS (ROM)
v2.00; they might be limited in what they can give us on the parse and such
because they only licensed the derive engine; the 89 is in C while the 83+
is in ASM; the 89 is MUCH more complicated and has fewer restrictions
(remember, the 83+ can only support 1-letter long variables); the 89's
engineers might be slower documenting it; the z80 calcs have been out a long
time and the intricacies are better understood; TI is testing it on the 83
before going up to a larger-scale 89 userbase; and maybe they just don't
like us =)  That's all just speculation, though. . . If you had the
documentation you'd understand better.  I'm pretty sure that the 89
documentation will be at least 1,000 pages. . .

> so scott, could u tells us what
>some of tese tools are?

Actually, I CAN'T - that's the strict part of the NDA.  They're nothing that
special, but since these are applications and not normal ASM programs you
need them for development.  I'm trying to take my crappy old Poker 86 and
port it while making it somewhat worth playing - I get 16 to waste =)

FYI, I'm going away again for 2 weeks - I'll get back to the rest of these
then =)

    -Scott