Re: A89: Overwriting ROM (was Re: Linux Port)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Scott Noveck wrote:
> Dammit Olle, NOT a good idea to put that new version up, for more reasons
> that I can count =)  Those two paragraphs practically tell someone how to
> screw up the calc. . .

Noone seems to listen anyway, and even fewer understands it..  and if someone
tries it without understanding, I think they deserve their fucked up calc :)
I put it up after the "secret" was revealed..  it has after all been explained
in detail more than once on this very list.

> >You mean the Great Powerful Secret Not To Be Ever Revealed is
> >the business with u8 ?
>
> Of course - U8 is the one that runs the Flash ROM protection, you'd have to
> disable it in order to screw anything up.  The new revision of that thing by
> Olle's friend (remaining yet nameless) tells you how to get around U8 just
> using software, not just the hardware workaround. . .

He is not nameless. his name is Johan Borg. both his name and his email is in
that document and on the homepage.

//Olle