Re: A89: Linux Port for 89/92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Linux Port for 89/92

Is there any way to decompile or take apart the TIB rom file? Does anyone
know what language it is written in? I thought it was C, but of course i have
learned many new things in this past week. The encryption is incredible, but
i guess it's not too surprising. You said we have the decrypted password, but
i didn't see it in the letter. Could you tell what it is and then, (maybe) we
can begin to understand this. That is a serious problem that will have to be
addressed. There is no way that we could break the code by chance, but...what
if we could look at what the encrypted code was in the boot loader? Or is the
boot loader like firmware and can't be decompile or taken from the
calculator.
Some thing we could try is connecting a calculator to the computer...fire up
the VTI, then send a ROM file to the VTI, pause it and look at the boot
loader code...of course that would still be very complicated.

(Imagine what TI is going to do if we do get past the encryption! They will
probably make it so that we can't load the next released ROM, or find some
way to punish us....hehe)
(if we ever do get past it.....yeah right!)

Kyle