Re: A89: Linux Port for 89/92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Linux Port for 89/92

Well, it seems that every Linux project has done custom display drivers, so I am
not worried about that, too much.
I don't see why it wouldn't interpret it like any other 68k device.
What we are saying is that when the kernal is running, it will seem the same as
running Linux on a Mac with a 68k chip, or an Atari, or an Amiga running a 68k
chip and Linux.  Just like every x86 Linux install is basically the same.
We shoudl even be able to run any 68k program on our machine without any
recompiling.  We should be able to mount our external drive, and use the files
off it without a problem.
I'll dig up some links and send them soon.
I hope when people who read there mail at night get a look at this later, they
get excitied.  if not, were in trouble.
On another note, I tried to get the major TI sites to announce this project to
find supporters, and not one of them wanted to.
-Patrick
psweeney@geocities.com