A89: Serial Communication in ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Serial Communication in ASM

What is required to send data over the serial port, using ASM?

There are several serial I/O commands but I'm not sure what
is required.

How would one modify the Hello World program to, in addition
to sending 'Hello World' to the screen, it would also send
it out over the serial port.

I have a program that echos to the PC screen anything received
by the COM port,

I added the following to the Hello World program, just between
correcting the stack and the idle statements, but nothing was
displayed on my PC screen.  So, obviously there is something
that I am missing.

   move.w  #12,-(a7)  ; 12 words to xmit
   pea  hello(pc)  ; pushes address of string to stack
   jsr  doorsos::transmit  ; transmits data
   lea  6(a7),a7           ; corrects stack
   jsr  doorsos::flush_link

What else is required?  What is baud rate?  Is there any
special handshake required, on the PC end?  What?  Is there any
source code example, for this handshake, if requried?  Where?