Re: A89: Another Doors OS bug

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Another Doors OS bug

ComAsYuAre@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/21/99 15:43:34 Eastern Standard Time, zoneti@home.com
> writes:
>
> > Has anyone gotten the bug where if you are in split screen mode ( I had
> >  mine as home-screen and Program Editor) and you use the shift-on combo
> >  when you enter doors it freezes? This was a really annoying bug ;)
> >

> this is all part of the same bug, not a different one.  it's simply that it
> randomly (at least, that's how it appears now) decides to shut down certain
> applications on the calculator.  some give memory errors, others freeze it,
> but they're all most likely the exact same bug.

In fact I think this one is not part from the same bug ;-)
Since a file in Program Editor is being edited, its handle is NULL ( =0)
so with the DEREF, it points to $FFFFFFFF -> non even adress -> crash
But I have fixed it for next version and the Anti Crash protection
should recover it correctly

Xavier VASSOR
---The Doors Team
E-mail:xvassor@mail.dotcom.fr