Re: A89: Flash ROM or Archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Flash ROM or Archive

Yes I'm shure.
the nature of a flashroom is that you can change the data on it electrically (no
need for UV like on a EPROM)
the reason why you can't change all of the flashrom with the archive function is
that the archive function is limited to work in that 384K space.
the rest of the flash (that is not occupied by the OS) is probably saved for
future upgrades, and is probably the place where extra apps will go.
I'm sure of this, because a friend of mine has putted in quite a lot of work in
ROM-hacking and checking the hardware..

//Olle