Re: A89: 83+?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: 83+?

In a message dated 1/11/99 5:52:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
invertigo@juno.com writes:

> Is the 83+ real? If so, TI is breaking their style. the 83X would be the
>  next 83, new calcs of the same number, like the 80 and 80X have the X at
>  the end of the name. The calc only gets the + or Plus when it is a
>  physical Hardware upgrade, like the Plus Module for the 92. Well, please
>  let me know if the 83+ is real, I don't have internet access here at my
>  house, and frankly, I wouldn't waste my time looking up the "83+" anyway
>  I'd goto www.thrillride.com and check out the latest coasters. Well,
>  later everybody!!!

Yes, Virgina, there is an 83+. If you ever get on the web, go to
www.ti.com/calc/docs/83plus.html. It's an entirely new calculator; you can't
attach something to an 83 to make an 83+. It costs $5-$10 more than an 83. It
has a somewhat large archive memory, upgradable flash ROM, split screen for
the graph and table (it looks very strange on the small screen) and the keys
are much more visually pleasing, similar to the keys on the 89. Of course,
it's electronically upgradable.