Re: A89: multiplayer-adapter ???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: multiplayer-adapter ???

Well, my implementation doesn't require much hardware. It's simpler to
build than a PC-to-calc link.

The calculators are connected in a circular fashion, much like a
token-ring network (I guess).
Red wire from calc "n" is connected to white wire on calc "n+1" and so
on all the way around. That's all.

It's possible to use the ROM-routines for the transmissions, but the
data must be prepared and sent in a special order. Also, all calculators
must know how many other calculators there are in the network, and their
sequence numbers.

/Johan