Re: A89: Internet Link(Debate about Aol on calc)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Internet Link(Debate about Aol on calc)

In a message dated 1/10/99 11:42:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cyberdeity@pdq.net writes:

> Only one problem,  If your calc crashes won't the I-net program go to?

Ah, someone noticed. :) Actually, there are ways around it. I'm pretty sure
that those downloadable upgrades and additions (especially the ones that cost
$$) don't delete themselves when the calc is reset or crashes. If it's
possible to write an (verystable, hopefully) I-net program that doesn't delete
itself when the calc is reset, (the settings and everything SHOULD go, in case
something went wrong, it can still be used) then it's possible to use it with
a clear memory. It also makes you wonder if Tetris can be put in the ROM so
that if your evil zero period math erases your calc, you can at least play
tetris the rest of the day. :)