Re: A89: Internet Link (important!)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TurboSoft@aol.com wrote:

> okay this is an important question that l have.  When your internet browser
> goes to a page, is the .html file in a text format or is it in some sort of
> AE387B3C kind of code?  this is important if our 89 is supposed to connect to
> the internet...

The .html file is in text format, though its written in html format. it includes
special html tags that describe the structure and appearance of the document. the
browser reads these tags, "parses" them, then displays the page on the screen. for
example, the .html file might read:

    i went outside, but it was <.b>really<./b> cold. brr.

The <.b> would be a bold tag, and tell the browser to display the word "really" in
bold print. This is a very simple html mark-up, but other mark-ups are much more
complex, such as tables and frames. For this reason, we'd probably need a new
mark-up language made exclusively for the TI-Calculator (timl?). A stripped-down
html.