Re: A89: Internet Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Internet Link

In a message dated 1/9/99 2:09:01 PM Pacific Standard Time, TurboSoft@aol.com
writes:

> since aol takes up about 40 Megs on a Computer, l think that that's a little
>  far out there...

Yes, but AOL has a LOT of crap in it. I am thinking of a version that only
acts as a portal, then allows you to visit tcml web sites (TI-Calculator
Markup Language) do e-mail, and download stuff. I personally don't care if it
can visit AOL's lobbies. :) The only reason for it would be so that you can
connect to the internet with an AOL account. My choices are pretty much AOL or
a cable modem service, and I can't plug in my calc to the phone line at school
or something (assuming they'd let me) and connect to @home. In some ways, this
program would be a hack. It would tell AOL "yeah, I'm here, I'm running AOL
4.0, go ahead and send me the opening screen (then ignore it)" and go about
it's own business. This does present a problem, though. Is it possible to do
winsock emulation?