Re: A89: Error: 16-bit relocations are unsupported(2nd postion)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Error: 16-bit relocations are unsupported(2nd postion)

ah!  yea..
you see, here box_x is the value stored in box_x and #box_x is the _address_ of
box_x.. what move.w #box_x,d0 tries to do is to transform the address of box_x
into a 16bit number and store it in d0..  my guess is that this is what is not
supported and gives the error..
note that the line "move.l #box_sprite,a0" is correct.. you want the address
there..
LCD_MEM should have the # too, because it is just a equ for the number $4c10,
and it is move.l #$4c10,a0 he wants, and not move.l $4c10,a0 (which would move
the first long of the lcdmem to a0, and not the address $4c10)

//Olle

BLoWh0Le@aol.com wrote:

> it's probably these lines that are the problem.  you don't need the number
> sign before box_x, box_y, box_sprite, or LCD_MEM.  at least that's what i
> think, so don't bite my ass if i'm wrong.
>
> In a message dated 1/5/99 6:08:27 AM Pacific Standard Time, S43R80@aol.com
> writes:
>
> <<  box_sprite_setup:
>        move.w #box_x,d0