Re: A89: Running asm programs (Xavier)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Running asm programs (Xavier)

> Thanks!!  I don't exactly understand it all, but that's expected when you ask a complicated
> question.

What you don't understand may be with the VAT.
With FindSymEntry, you get in a0 the adress of the VAT entry of the
file.
so you have:
from (a0).b to 7(a0).b  : 8 chars = name of the file
	8(a0).l		: long word = some flags
	12(a0).w	: handle of the file, this is the one you give as parameter to
userlib::exec.

> Can I ask one more question?  Is it possible to do this without using any libs?  Like
> making an independant program?  Do I just substitute the lib code in my program and call it?  Is it
> okay if I do that?

Yes, you can substitute the code from userlib and paste it into your
prog.
However, you program will become a lot bigger..

Xavier VASSOR
---The Doors Team
E-mail:xvassor@mail.dotcom.fr
Doors Homepage: http://start.at/doors