A89: Re: TI Calc Video

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: TI Calc Video

Yes!!!  Someone has the same thought as me!!  I don't think that storage is
SUCH a big deal, as long as the videos are in seperate files (can somebody
say "Archive"???).  And as for the speed, I think that the video playback is
possible, but I'm not so sure about the decompression part...

What I was thinking is that the screen copying could be handled by the
interrupt that controls greyscale, and all it does is increase the LCD_MEM
address a screen at a time starting at the beginning of the video, although
this means that the screen would be constantly switching to a new location
in mem, taking a huge ammount of space.  The good thing about this idea is
that nothing has to be compressed, and therefore not a huge ammount of
memory has to be free to display the video.  And since the interupt is used
for screen switching, it is, in effect, creating greyscale by itself.

If this leaves enough processing power for the CPU to handle decompression,
then the interupt could be changed so that it just switches between two
locations in memory, and while one is being displayed, the CPU would
decompress the next frame and store it in the location not currently being
displayed by the interrupt.  I really don't think that this is possible,
because of the limited processing power, but I'm not really one to say.  Dux
or Olle could probably answer this question.

-Miles Raymond      EML: m_rayman@bigfoot.com
ICQ: 13217756       IRC: Killer2        AIM: MRayMan
http://www.bigfoot.com/~m_rayman/