Re: A89: Built in serial numbers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Built in serial numbers

>this is a calculator here.  no one in the world is gonna do any good with
>share ware.  if anyone put it out,  i would personally (if i knew how to)
>decompile it and release it no charge.  shareware is the biggest load of
crap.
>keep games free

You are only seeing the BAD side of the gaming potential.  I once asked
about the possiblity of reading the serial number so that games with hidden
features (or RPGs, or any other game where playing gets you access to
something new) could be set up so that once you save your game at the
advanced level, you cant just send a copy of that save to all your friends.
 This wouldnt be cool in some games, but I think that if a game with time
release features (like the newer arcade fighting games have) was created
this would be a cool way to keep people playing.

--
Bill Risher        Sparr      UIN:1952775    ._, . . .
Lorenai #44                   FON:9316484164 |_) o | |