Re: A89: asm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: asm

> And speaking of graphics, the suggestions
> that that person had to solve my super aligned/b&w/non-clipped/non-masked
> putsprite routine didn't work.

If you made all the changes I suggested, then it should have worked.
I've attached a copy of the corrected source.  It has been compiled and
tested, and I assure you it works. :)

> If perhaps someone could please explain what,
> EXACTLY, the problem is with Odd Addresses (like why certain address calls
> have to be even) it would help quite a bit.

The problem with odd addresses is you can't do an operation with an odd
memory address using the .w or .l operation sizes.  If you try, you'll
receive an address error.  That's just how the 68k is designed.  The
reason you are probably getting an address error is because LCD_MEM,
without the #, is interpreted as an address, while #LCD_MEM is
interpreted as an immediate value.  As a result, you are writing to
random addresses in RAM, which is very bad.  Remember to use a # when
you are specifying immediate values.  BTW, it is ok to access odd
addresses in memory using the .b operation size in most (all?) cases.

--
 Don Barnes
   E-MAIL: don.barnes@wmich.edu