Re: A89: Reading and storing data to and from external files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Reading and storing data to and from external files

>How would I go about having one assembly program read data from another (ie,
>a string)?  And how could I make a program write to an external file?  For
>example, Super Mario Quest stores level data in a string (mariolvl) and the
>program reads the level data from there, and when using the editor it writes
>the data to a new string file (but the new version uses an external librabry
>to save the game?).  I'm interested in writing savegame data to an external
>file so that the main program can be archived when run.  I'd appreciate it
>if someone here could explain how to do this, and post a little routine
>that'll do it -- thanks =)

There's a good tutorial on the VAT at the Doors homepage --
http://www.multimania.com/doorsos/tips.htm.  If you don't want to do all
the work yourself, just check out filelib.  It's pretty well documented.

	--Nate