A89: GIDE and Gooey crap

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: GIDE and Gooey crap

I am tired of people talking about this like it is something that will
make a $300 SDK worthless. IT WON'T! The program allows you to make
FREEWARE apps not profesional ones. The FREEWARE SDK is FREE. So what
does this gooey crap do? It makes you use a flash app to do what doorsos
does. The ONLY thing that this has is that it lets you make them now,
before the SDK is released, but is it really that big a deal when
sometime in the 1q the sdk will be released. (BTW, if you are a beta
tester couldn't this just be leaked info on how to do it?). I mean come
on... it is just another GUI. What advantage(s) (if you can find more
than one) does it have? The fact is a flash app is not an advantage.
That is a disadavantage because doorsos works seemlessly with the OS
instead you have to run this flash app to run any asm programs. Big
downside. I am prepared for the flames and I would like to hear everyone
elses opinion on this but lets not just make this another
one-line-message-"your stupid"-"I am leaving the list 'cause of this"
thread.

--
Scott "_Wrath_" Dial
wrath@calc.org