Re: A89: Re: Help.... my TI-89 is now dead...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Help.... my TI-89 is now dead...

In a message dated 12/21/99 7:07:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
littlbit@txcyber.com writes:

> I just heard that 4 people got an 86+ and that Bill Nagel and some other
>  people who I don't recall at the moment got one.  Wonder why TI didn't try
>  selling them...

Well, it wasn't really an 86+...it was really just a TI-86 rom 1.1.  And as
far as I know Bill Nagel and Dan Eble each got one.  The only reason for the
flash capability was so they could test the rom with the hardware without
reburning a rom chip every second.  They had no intention of "supporting" the
rom with upgrades or software or anything, so it's just as well they don't
sell them with flash.

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>