Re: A89: Alignment Error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Alignment Error

here's a fun idea for you god-obsessed people to ponder...

Under your rules (Not mine! I'm athiest...)

God is perfect.
Man used to be perfect, until (s)he ate from the tree of knowledge.
Animals haven't eaten fron that tree.
Animals are therefore perfect.

So... What about extinction?
That means that God failed in an attempt to make a perfect creature,
because a perfect one wouldn't ever become extinct.

If you actually have a rational (or as close to it as you can get)
solution, i'd actually be interested in hearing it, if only for the
intellectual potential. I really don't want this to degenerate into
another flame war.
--robin

TurboSoft@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/11/99 7:18:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> Serial@earthlink.net writes:
>
> > Evolution is capable of leeps and bounds. When a child is born with a 6th
> >  finger, if it is more desireable to women and it saves his life where a 5
> >  fingered person would have died, that's an evolutionary bound. Of couse
> >  today we seem to shun that and our hateful society would have his extra
> >  finger removed to be "normal"
>
> how many people do you see today with six fingers?  Or at least have been
> born with six.  lf this were evolution, we would all have six fingers, but
> this is an example of a mutation, which is harmful (or at least not
> beneficial) 99.99% of the time.
>
> --TurboSoft
>
> Visit the TURBOSOFT HOMEPAGE:  The most current Basic and C programs created
> by TurboSoft for the 89, and the most 89 web links.
> <A HREF="http://turbosoft.ticalc.org/">http://turbosoft.ticalc.org/</A>

Follow-Ups: References: