A89: Re: Re: OT: html messages.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: OT: html messages.

>> > No I'm afraid not. If you dont like it upgrade
>>
>> Thats not the point.
>> I can see them alright, but this is a mailinglist,
>> and to thoose, you send plain text.
>> You can send your nonstandard mail to your friends,
>> but don't send them to mailinglists.
>>
>Mail is mail. If i send mail with pictures in it is it not still mail? Nobody
said you had to use plaintext so if you dont like it (ovo) leave =P

Sending images by mail can be done with attachments. You don't cut out a picture
and paste it into your real snailmail, do you?

>I'm not mocking you or anything but I hold the wants to never adapt to the new
standards my duty to help you overcome it.

I agree. Let's all adopt to a standard that lets us send mails that cause
Outlook Express to execute virus code on the computer. <j/k>

The point is that the steadily increasing need for bandwidth is partly
(largely?) due to people sending mails that are 2-4x the size they need to be.
There are f.x. standards to express emotions that don't need colors, bold text
or italics (actually, many mail programs can be configures to view *this* as
bold and _this_ as underlined).

 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org
Random PQF Quote follows:

The maze was so small that people got lost looking *for* it.
        -- Bloody Stupid Johnson at his finest
           (Terry Pratchett, Men At Arms)