Re: A89: ROM v2.0x native

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: ROM v2.0x native

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999 TurboSoft@aol.com wrote:
> hmm.. maybe so, but already we have found bugs in it (such as getConfig()
> still returning the incorrect size of Archive space).
<snip>

I thought that it was a HW1 'feature'?  HWv1 vs HWv2 answer at the FAQ
says that HWv2 "more user archive space while the total amount of Flash
ROM is unchanged."  HWv1 users don't get more archive space but they still
can use the extra Flash for applications.

This 'feature' isn't too bad but it's annoying how TI dismisses it as
"with few apps HWv2 and HWv1 are practically the same".  Just like
everyone would buy 300kBs of >$30 per piece software;  Assuming average
size of 40kB per software it'll be around 7 programs, more than $310 that
is.

I truly hope that TI loosens their licensing scheme...

	- Riba