Re: A89: Forming a group to hack 89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Forming a group to hack 89

>Why can't someone just fix the plusshell browser to work with AMS 2.01?
It's
>small enough and if you consider the way it runs programs the 8k limit does
>not apply.

Andrew and I are working on it -- the problem was with tios::DEREF, stemming
from tios::heap changing.  Plusshell seems to be crashing when trying to use
DEREF.  Also, the handles for the VAT stuff aren't all known yet (but the
folder table's address is).

Rusty said that tios::heap was a hack he found after staring at a RAM dump
for several hours and didn't expect it to be found again for a while.  I
think Fred got it, though =)

    -Scott