From: Serial [mailto:Serial@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 11:22 PM
To: assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: A89: Re: PR Hit -- Those bastards

As for that 3rd  option under unrealistic. There is a possibility to that
though.
My comp spends months at a time up and 90% of that time it's idle on irc
or something to that end. It's a p3 500 with 128 meg of ram ... if we ALL
devoted our idle time to crack it we could have it in a few months *maybe*
I know the 56bit keys take years sometimes but it's worth our idle time to
try. If someone would write a program to either randomly generate keys
and test them or use the brute force method I'd happily donate infinite
amounts of time to the cause. I think it's entirely possible to break it
and we may get lucky. And in the mean time we can get the best of the
best to break open the rom.