Re: A89: Re: Simple Solution

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Simple Solution

>Can't the 1.05 users have grayscale too?  Or has that not been ironed out
yet?
>The reason, or one of the main reasons, why most programmers didn't take
the
>time to work around 1.05 was that they knew 2.00 was right around the
corner,
>and there isn't much of a point of getting everything to work with 1.05 and
>then having to do the same thing again for 2.00.

1.05 users can have greyscale IF they're on HW1.  HW2 users are still stuck.

<programmer rant>
TI's info STILL hasn't helped me in getting ($600010) to allow me to flip
the screen page - meaning we need another way to do it.  I've got it working
by making both planes buffers and alternating copying them to LCD_MEM -- but
every time something writes directly to LCD_MEM (that's $4c00), it's
overwritten by the greyscale.  Meaning that TI's routines that draw to the
screen -- mainly tios::drawstrxy to write text to the screen -- won't work.
Games with their own font and drawing routines (which aren't hard to write)
would be fine, but most programs use tios routines that won't show up
  Still looking for another way to do it. . .
</programmer rant>

    -Scott