Re: A89: THOSE TI BASTARDS!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: THOSE TI BASTARDS!!!

I sent this to Ti and I'm problebly not going to get a response but we'll
see.

I purchased my ti89 the first day it hit the shelves of staples. Now up
until today I've never never been dissatisfied with it or it's operating.
But I assume by no fault of your own our group on the assembly-89@ticalc.org
mailing list is pretty upset with you. You see we got our hands on ams 2.01
to check out all the neat things you guys promised us. Well it was pretty
disheartening to learn that nothing works right but that's okay because we
can rewrite our programs to use the new registers but then we are again
shocked to learn that in spite of giving us all the extra space you have
limited the total space an asm program can use to 8k. Now we all understand
that ti is out for the quick buck vs. say hp who actually promotes
programing on their calculators. The loss of greyscale was annoying but the
fact is Ti no good app/game can be limited by 8k. I'm writing this because
i'd like to inform you that 99% of the Ti community has HW1 still and we do
indeed know how to use the flash hold in that. So it will be far less than a
month before we are able to crack open the flash rom license code and be
able to use our full space and even have the benifit of having it called a
licensed flash app. So since it's not officialy released yet I make the plea
that if you limit our individual space usage and attempt to charge us for
programs as lame as the organizer which can be written by anyone here faster
cleaner and of couse CHEEPER your going to be making a bad move. Most of the
support Ti calculators get is from people who program and play games. If you
allow us to do neither your asking for it. I'm not a master of economy but
I'd assume taking away the two biggest reason that people buy ti's is going
to make them go with the hp. So what I'm really saying is please Ti before
you officialy release the ams2.x officialy allow us more freedom for
programming or we'll go around you somehow anyway. Keep in mind that your so
called security measures are not as secure as you think since now you have a
flash app installer and the easy to install .89u format. You did infact
promise us that our calculators would never be oudated but then WHAM
Hardware version 2 and another nice kick in the teeth. I'm interested on
your thoughts of this ti.
-Serial