Re: A89: THOSE TI BASTARDS!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: THOSE TI BASTARDS!!!

Yeah, did you know that HP actually promotes the creation of assembly
programs and added features for their calcs?  HP calcs seem to be meant for
programming!  TI is just trying to eliminate all the work we've done hardware
and software for their calcs.  What use is 700k of archive with NOTHING TO
PUT IN IT?!?!?!  I originally thought TI's were better than HP's, but once I
saw HW v2.00 come out not supporting grayscale, it got me skeptical.  Now
that this has come out, I will never purchase a TI calc again.  Check out
www.hpcalc.org  check out their gaming section, that is HECKA COOL STUFF!!!!
Operational Doom!  4 versions of FULLY OPERATIONAL Zelda RPG's!!!!  And
what's more, HP shoved a whopping 1.5 megs of RAM into the new HP 49 (I
believe that's upgradeable)

Look at what TI has done to us so far, instead of helping, they have:

1. 86/89 calcs have LCD's arranged differently so it is nearly impossible to
install an EL Backlight without breaking one of those delicate ribbonsa

2. Never bothered to reveal any information about the TI-OS (we had to crack
it) while HP has been providing information about theirs for a while

3. Attempted to sabotage our years of hard work on these programs with 1.05
(come on, they know all about the stuff we program, they could have easily
made them work perfectly with 1.05 and still made whatever adjustments they
felt necessary)

4. Discontinued use of grayscale in HW v2.00 (I don't believe changing the
registers was necessary to achieve the goals they had in mind for HW v2.00

5. Utterly destroyed all of our previous work in both hardware and software
(since most interfacing hardware can't work without software to back it up)
with asm v2.01, and I'd bet anybody they knew what this entailed.

Now they're in a very good situation, don't you think?  They've already
sucked most of the game players dry of cash, since we already have purchased
our calcs, and once we get really going on the TI-89?  They completely
eliminate the ability to use our original programs on it.

If the rumors about the commercial license for creating large programs is
true, then they have it off even better.  Now they charge us for programming
software that enhances THEIR calculators!!!!

I believe that we have been doing THEM a favor all these years making
improvements on the functionality of TI calculators, and now they stab us in
the back.

This just plain sucks...

-Trailblazer