From: owner-assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:owner-assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of Niklas Brunlid
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 1999 4:13 PM
To: assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org; Assembly-92
Subject: A89: Re: Re: Assorted '92 stuff

> > that's right... If you read the warantee infos, it says that if you make
> use
> > of the exec command or any user-made asm programs (not the ones made by
> ti),
> > then you lose your warantee... i was using assembly before i even read
the
> > warantee.
>
> l guess it's true...but it's the most *retarded* thing that l've ever
heard
> of!  that's like RCAs selling TVs, and having a 3 year warranty as long as
it
> is never turned to channel 7!!  Or buying a car with a 5 year warranty, so
> long as you never turn on the headlights.  l mean, really, what the heck?

Difference is that a TV or a car (hopefully) can't lock up and cause angry
phone
calls demanding a new TV/car if you do those things.

Besides, you can't expect TI to fix bugs, add features *and* keep 100%
backwards
compatability? (Can you say "MicroSoft"? :-)

 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org
Random PQF Quote follows:

Asking someone to repeat a phrase you'd not only heard very clearly but
were also exceedingly angry about was around Defcon II in the lexicon of
squabble.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad)

Follow-Ups: References: