Re: Off Topic | Was:(Re: A89: Libs)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Off Topic | Was:(Re: A89: Libs)

Actually, I was being serious...  I thought that because the TI-89 is more
complex and has a greater mass (weigh it if you don't believe me) than the
TI-86, that there would be less space inside, but that is not the case...
We (David Philips (TI-86) and I (TI-89)) took apart our calculators in
Physics class and found out.  The TI-86 has two boards, one for the
keyboard/mainboard, and the other for the angled LCD.  The bad thing about
that is the mass of ribbon wires that connect the two together.  The TI-89
has only one board, and that is why the display is parallel to the
faceplate, not because of the problem of space restrictions on the inside.
The TI-89 board was also a lot less complex-looking than the TI-86 boards.
The TI-89 only had 3 microchips on the board in plain sight, whereas the
TI-86 had more than 5.  If there were no case or power involved, one would
assume that the TI-86 were better because of the number of components it
has.

If I had the money, I would purchase a VS TI-89 and see how the VS connecter
is attached to the board.

There is enough room to add a PCcard or maybe two CF slots inside the back
of the TI-89.  If I knew how to write drivers for either of those, I just
might work on it...

-Miles Raymond      EML: m_rayman@bigfoot.com
ICQ: 13217756       IRC: Killer2        AIM: MRayMan
http://www.bigfoot.com/~m_rayman/