Re: A89: Shell compatibility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Shell compatibility

> Is it possible for the
> shell authors to come up with single loader and library format, much with
> fargo, but allow separate interfaces?  Especially with the lack of programs
> being written, it would really be bad to only be able to run half of them.

Seeing as how the 89 directly supports assembly, I strongly doubt that
there will be much of a problem with compatibility, except maybe in
the area of libraries.  The 86 has a ton of shells out but all of the programs
use the same format and none of the programs require a shell to run them.
If a format is not designated, this is probably what will happen to the 89,
which isn't bad (it just means no libraries).