A89: Re: PlusShell v0.99 Test Release 1

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: PlusShell v0.99 Test Release 1

answers:

>PlusShell v0.99 includes TI-89 support.  It isn't the final version yet,
but
>I have decided to release it to the public for testing purposes (as I don't
>yet have an 89 myself).  Go to http://home1.gte.net/river to get the test
>release.  Please respond with your success (or horror) stories.  The
>following things need to be tested on the 89:
>1) Does the shell even run?
yes, the shell runs and it's very stable (so far)

>2) Does the shell's screen appear correct with no graphical flaws?
yes, no graphical flaws found yet.  I did find that the "1/30" lable on the
screen stayed no matter what though

>3) Are the folders listed properly?
it seems that they are listed alphabetically

>4) Do the keys work as expected?
no sure on this one.  In the shell itself to navigate up and down, you must
use the right/left keys.  I'm not sure if this is the ti-89 or if they
programmed it that way

>5) Are the programs within the folders listed properly?
it seems so.  no flaws

>6) Can you run a program from the shell?
yes
>7) Does the hello world example clear the screen properly?
so far as I know ASM, it does.  again, it still displays the "0/30" thing.
one thing I noticed is that if the program is run under the plusshell, the
font size of "hello world" is a lot smaller that if the program was run from
the command line.  I think plusshell changes the default font size.  there
should be a fix for this so that nothing wierd happens if programs are run
outside the shell

>8) Does the graytest program display the grayscale image properly?  I use
>the 92+ hardware I/O techniques, so it isn't guaranteed to work.
yes!  it works great.  there's 4 shades : black, darkgrey, lightgrey, and
white (I might have miscounted)

>9) Is the calculator stable after exiting the shell?  A good way to test
>this is to evaluate a simple math problem (1+1 will suffice), enter the mem
>screen and then escape out of the mem screen.  If the calc survives, it
>should be stable.
as far as I have tested, it works completely fine

__
Thayne Miller
mailto:yomaster@inconnect.com
ICQ# 4637439 | mailto:4637439@pager.mirabilis.com

             LDS member  http://www.lds.org

"The greatest pleasure in yo-yoing is an abstract
pleasure--watching the dramatization of simple physical
laws, and realizing they will never fail if a trick is done
correctly.  The geometric purity of it!  The string isn't
just a string, it is a tool in the enactment of theorems.
It is a line, an idea"       - Frank Conroy, Stop Time