A89: Cheating, etc.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Cheating, etc.

The AP tests test your intelligence? No, they test your applied
knowledge.

Envision this: you're working in the control room at NASA, running
some Mars shuttle trajectories, and your superior walks up behind you
and taps you on the shoulder:

"You're using a TI-2089?! That's cheating!"

And he fires you. The Mars lander crashes. (that crashing bit's not
important for the moral)

Technology will most likely never be unavailable. To become proficient
with it is not a detriment. To become dependent on it is...

...but then again, I can work an abacus and a slide rule and do math
by hand. It's just always nice to be able to reliably check your work.

>isn't the point of these tests to test your intelligence?  Why not
>just do
>what everyone else does and study, rather than try and cheat.  It's a
>lot
>eaiser that way.

>>I know the 89 is legal on AP tests, does anyone know if it is legal
>on
>>International Baccalaureate (IB) exams?  I will the screen was the
>same
>size
>>and at the same angle as the 86, then I could switch the external
>cases on
>>the two but I would still have to memorize what the keys were.

==
<pre>