Re: A89: RAM/ROM dumper

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: RAM/ROM dumper

I'm not very knowledgable about these things.  Would someone care to
explain?  The way I understand it is that there is ROM and RAM.  Is the
Flash ROM a part of the ROM but not all of it?  I know the RAM is the space
for the user-defined variables.  When you said it's 2 meg, is that all the
ROM & the RAM?  Any other info would be very helpful.  Thanx in advance.

At 11:00 AM 9/14/98 +0000, you wrote:

>        then everything worked fine.
>
> the only problem was it said i was 675K complete on the calc and 1700K on
>the dumprecv program.
>
> At 12:34 PM 9/13/98, you wrote:
>>
>>Rusty Wagner wrote:
>>
>>> I have written a RAM/ROM dumper program which will (hopefully) run on the
>>>  You can download the
>>> program at http://home1.gte.net/river/dump.zip  It doesn't rely on any RAM
>>> or ROM addresses, as it accesses the link port directly, so it should work
>>>  I ask that
>>>  Please
>>>  Also, I
>>>"" appears on the status
>>>  The success of this program may allow a shell
>>>  I would like to have a copy of the RAM
>>>  (A ROM dump would be nice, but that would be illegal!)
>>
>>  I tested the software and it worked for my TI-89. The ROM was a freaking
>>2048K!!! I thought it was a meg at the very most. Does anyone know how
much of
>>the rom, is flash rom? (if you know what I'm think) The windows dump program
>>gave a link error anytime another window got activated so I had to
dissable my
>>screen saver. It took about 30 minutes to dump the rom. I don't remember
there
>>""  message appearing on my calc.
>>
> {-kimo-}
> Summers never live up to your expectations . . .  -kimo

              Mike Newman
          miken@dodgenet.com
             ICQ: 2114458

                TI PAGE