Re: A89: BASIC question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: BASIC question

In a message dated 9/11/98 2:15:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kimo@stones.com
writes:

> ok, i've seen that somewhere.  but could you do me a favor and explain what
>  the
>  commands do?
>
>  thanks.
>
>  >
>  >well, rather than the  Output 45,65,"   "  command you could have  Output
>  >45,40,"You have $"&string(money)&"   "

Output 45,40,"You have $"&string(money)&"   "
& - connects two strings (like + on the other 8X calcs that do strings)
string(money) - converts a REAL number into a string... the number 300 becomes
"300" so that it can be displayed in the same command
"   " - to cover up whatever number was there before, make this string with
extra spaces if the number will have more than 3 digits.

Visit the TurboSoft Homepage:  The most current Basic programs created by
TurboSoft for the 89.
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/turbosoft/turbosoft.html">
http://members.aol.com/turbosoft/turbosoft.html</A>