Re: A89: Re: 89 timer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: 89 timer

> What does a maskable on interrupt have to do with anything?
> All that means is that the on interrupt will be called even if
> interrupts are disabled.  To have a clock running all the time,
> the processor would be turned on and off ~200 times a
> second.  That's going to seriously effect battery life, and the
> lithium battery alone can't run the processor.

No, you have it backwards.  I said MASKABLE interrupt, not
non-maskable (sheesh, how could one get those confused :-).
Anyway, the point I made with that is that the processor is
ALREADY turned on and off 200 times a second whether the
calculator is on or not.  Otherwise, it could not check for the
ON key.