RE: A89: TI89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A89: TI89

> Well, My 85 was recently stolen..The thing that really bothered
> me was that I
> just started my first game (which would have been worthy of
> releasing), that
> would have been finished in around 1 month...I had no intention
> of buying the
> 89 because I already had a calculator that worked fine but I
> guess now I have
> a reason...I would like to know what you all think of the
> calc...

They stole your 85? that's weird... nobody steals 85s at our skool.
people steal the teacher's 83s and 86s and 92s over here...

> Do any of you
> regret buying it, and is programming in 68K any/much more difficult than
> programming for the z80?...also are assembly games written in 68K
> any "better"
> than say with the z80 or is the only difference the size of the
> game?...I went
> to staples today and they didn't have the calc, so where can I
> buy it?  Where
> would the definately have it in stock?

z80 is more x86 based. The z80 [the CPU for the 80,81,82,83,85,86] has
many instructions towarded one register. With the 68000 processor [CPU
of the ti-89 and ti-92], all instructions can access the 8 data
registers and all the 7 address registers. I haven't tried much z80,
but 68000 is so very easy to work with.

on the z80 instructions are like...

    mov  [target],[source]

on the 68000, instructions are big endian..

    move.l  [source],[datatype]

I would say that the ti-89 is
also a more welcoming platform because no one uses 85s anymore!