Re: A89: Doors OS v0.8 questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Doors OS v0.8 questions

>> >But haven't you two decided on a "common file format"?  If so, then
>what
>> >will be the differences between the two "shells"?
>>
>>  The differences will be the extra features we will include in our
>shells.
>> In Doors OS for example we implemented the anti crash protection.
>>  We will add other features in next versions.
>
>  If i understand well, the anti-crash system (modifying exception
>vectors?)
>should have nothing to do with the file system (BSS+compression...).
>So how
>shall this affect the file format?
 In fact Anti-crash system affects only a few the file format. there is
just an offset to the _exit code, called when a crash occurs so that (for
example) the program can free its memory before exiting

>Archive memory
>
>  How does this work? I mean not only safe sex is the trend nowadays. ;)
 It just initializes an unused 64Kb Archive sector so the calculator can
use it.

Xavier VASSOR
---The Doors Team
E-mail:xvassor@mail.dotcom.fr