A89: ASM <=> Risky?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: ASM <=> Risky?

> I wonder; when you use the assembly section of the TI-89, is there any
> chance of destroying the contents of the calculator? Is it possible to
> delete the part of the main program that receives data and resets (or
> flashes) the calculator memory?

Asm can erase your RAM and, on the TI-89, erase your FlashROM,
but there is no way for it to erase the part of your ROM that "flashes"
the FlashROM.  There is no way for an assembly program to do
any physical damage to your calculator or to do any damage that
only TI can repair.  As long as you don't run programs that look
corrupted or are from an untrustworthy sourse (I consider ticalc.org
and ti-files trustworthy), you have very little to worry about.