A89: strange things that happen when the batteries are low

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: strange things that happen when the batteries are low

just yesterday l started to get the "BATT" message on my TI-89.  Since then, a
couple or three strange things started to happen.
The first thing that l noticed is that when holding the up or down arrows to
scroll through the history area they will sometimes hang for a second.  This
also happened when editing a math problem or something.  It seemed that every
couple of seconds or so it would hang like that for a half second maybe.  This
happens when using any other keys to type something in.  This is bothersome,
what happens if it gets to the point where you can't type anything in?
Secondly l noticed that after sending/receiving using the graphlink that it
doesn't show the normal "0/30" on the status line until you scroll up through
the history area.
Thirdly, when my batteries are low if you go to VAR-LINK, then back to the
homescreen and turn the calc off (2nd OFF), it will turn itself back on!